POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Retrieving Speed from Moving object : Re: Retrieving Speed from Moving object Server Time
4 Aug 2024 16:15:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Retrieving Speed from Moving object
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 4 Apr 2003 19:17:32
Message: <3e8e209c@news.povray.org>
We're talking about the same thing. Yes, I'd have to
generate the speed myself, from two different stills.
My problem was, how I could do that, if all that I've
got is one Macro, which returns me the different
stills, and all I can actually get from there is a boundary
box: Having several stills of boxes which may or may
not be the same size, not to mention will never rotate,
won't give me the possibility to calculate the speed.

I'm not a total newbie, there is some stuff I do know. :-)

Anyways, you and I were saying exactly the same thing,
just that you have been commenting from the side of
"you need to handle and generate speed yourself, you
can't retrieve it somehow from POV" and I was asking
just that. To me, it seems like we're trying to argue the
same point.

But I think we're behaving well, aren't we? :-)

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde